Fluid mechanics Groups at unibz
The Hydraulic-Sediments-Environment Group (HySE) aims to study various aspects of fluid mechanics, hydraulic construction and the environment.
The main research topics include:
- Complex fluid mechanics including granular flows for the environment and the industrial production
- Hydraulic constructions both for hydro power production and for Alpine assessment and mitigation of natural hazards
- The study of mountain hydrology using innovative machine learning techniques
- Drinking and irrigation water supply networks and district heating.
- Fluid machines such as pumps and turbines
- Environmental aspects of defence of the ecological community
- Computational fluid mechanics applied to different aspects of our work
The team’s research field involves hydraulics topics and includes experimental and numerical knowledge.
Our research activities are made available to the public through numerous research collaborations local and national companies (e.g. Alperia) and the provincial offices for Civil Protection and Mountain Basins.
Thanks the collaborations with local and national companies, the group’s activities focus on pratical aspects.
Among the facilities of the group, it is important to mention the LaboraTory of Fluid Dynamics (LTFD).
The LTFD is going to become one of the most important university laboratories of fluid mechanincs in the North of Italy inside the innovative NOI Tech Park in South Bolzano.
If you are interested in our story please click here. Our story.